This episode of HubShots brought to you by our HubSpot HealthCheck service:
Welcome to Episode 6 of HubShots!
Recorded: Tuesday 10 November 2015
Spectre opens this week – Craig is excited.
Emojis versus Emoticons (Craig got the terms confused last week!)
In this episode we cover:
Shot 1: Inbound Thought of the Week
- Nurture the relationship.
- Invite to guest post.
- Share their content.
- Become an advisor.
- Re-promote the campaigns.
Shot 2: HubSpot feature/tip of the Week
- Where is the HubSpot Content Calendar? -> How do you usually get to it?
Ahhhhh, so that’s what that calendar icon is for 🙂
Shot 3: Challenge of the week
Shot 4: Opinion of the Week
- Tech Industry trends: http://www.businessinsider.com.au/michael-wolf-predicts-what-will-happen-in-the-tech-industry-in-2016-2015-10
- A useful read for marketing managers about the trends in the tech e.g. how much attention is captured by messaging
- Craig’s favourite slides: 9, 54, 129, 130, 132
Instant messaging is more popular than social media in the APAC:
- According to a recent eConsultancy roundup post, messaging has surpassed social media in popularity in the Asia-Pacific.
- APAC mobile-first markets showed particularly high daily usage of instant messaging. China (69%) and Malaysia (77%) stand in stark contrast to the UK (39%) and the US (35%).
- If your brand is active in the APAC, finding ways to integrate your social channels with messaging apps will become more and more vital in the coming year.
Shot 5: General Tip of the week
- Thinking time outside of your space…
- Take time out and go help someone who does something totally different
Shot 6: State of Inbound Item of the Week
- p22 the increasing use of freelancers and outsourcing
- Marketing content creation no longer limited to in-house writers
From the report:
- Ian – yokohama example
- p65-67 Sales challenges: #1 is manual data entry
Shot 7: Motivation of the Week
- HubSpot results? : http://ir.hubspot.com/investors/news-and-events/press-release-details/2015/HubSpot-Reports-Strong-Q3-2015-Results/default.aspx
- Grew total customers to 16,854 at September 30, 2015, up 35% from September 30, 2014.
Shot 8: Resource of the Week
- Facebook Advertising tips: https://moz.com/blog/10-things-ive-learned-while-learning-facebook-ads
- My client from a few episodes ago who didn’t want to try Facebook advertising: they now have more than 1000 people in the Custom Web Audience – indicating that it is a channel worth testing