Welcome to Episode 68 of HubShots!
Join our WhatsApp group here: http://hubshots.com/whatsapp/
Join the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1608138752821574/
Book in 15 minutes with us on 25 January in Sydney to discuss any HubSpot feature or topic. Book here: https://hubshots.com/cafe-consulting/
Recorded: Tuesday 17 January 2017 | Published: Thursday 19 January 2017
Shot 1: Inbound Thought of the Week
Top 5 Content Marketing Hacks by Ryan Bonnici
You’ll learn how to: – Boost traffic by 3x using content – Increase your lead conversions by 500% – Nurture, sell, and upsell to grow your business
- Have great “HUB” Content Pages. They are in depth/pillar pieces of content that aim to educate people, look at the video about 21.00 to see what I am talking about.
- Importance of headlines and leveraging the curiosity gap. Watch it here.
- Google snippets. Watch it here. Here are 2 pro tips to go with it:
And have a listen to our interview with Ryan last year: https://hubshots.com/episode-21/
Shot 2: HubSpot Marketing Feature of the Week
Using Smart Content – Relationship-driven Marketing
Smart content is content that is intelligently personalized to your customer’s needs. With Smart Content you can deliver content specifically tailored to where a prospect is in the buying process, or content targeted to people the very first time they visit. Smart Content lets you target content based on anything you know about your contacts.
Why implement smart content?
HubSpot looked at the data for more than 93,000 calls to action over a 12 month period. What they found was calls-to-action targeted to the user performed 42% better than calls to action that were generic.
Shot 3: HubSpot Sales Feature of the Week
Creating custom views in the CRM for prospecting
An example of an advanced view:
Sales reps just want to know who they should be talking to today. The view below is an example view that a sales rep could create to see which Contacts they should talk to.
For this sample view, we only want to see contacts that:
- Are Leads in your CRM
- Are owned by your user
- Haven’t been contacted in the last week
- Have been contacted less than two times already
- Do not have any deals already associated with them
Shot 4: Creative Top 10 of the Week
Top 10 Ideas – for training our creative muscles.
This week: One of Ian’s customers is a car dealership. What’s 10 ideas for driving more people to the dealership?
I’m assuming all the usual promotion channels are in place (newspaper adverts, AdWords, general Facebook promotion, sponsorships, shopping centre displays, sales), so these are new ideas to test:
Targeting the decision phase buyer
- Facebook interest targeting (eg car loan) promoting dealership
- Candid video series of the dealership team explaining a new feature & services
- Instagram video updates with the videos
- Informational blog posts discussing general topics eg news about diesel emissions measurements
- Discussion around future topics eg driverless cars
- Participating and offering value (not promotion) in automotive forums
- Uber partnering for a day eg kitten delivery day
- Test drive drone day, with sharing of videos on channels
- Defensive driving for women courses
- Deliveroo partnering
- Bonus: film multimillion dollar commercial and spend millions on prime time TV… NOT
Book in 15 minutes with us on 25 January in Sydney to discuss any HubSpot feature or topic. Book here:
Shot 5: Podcast of the Week
A new monthly video series where Daniel Pink and special guests will solve your biggest sales challenges.
Signup here > https://www.hubspot.com/sell-like-a-human?utm_campaign=HubShots-The_Downunder_HubSpot_Podcast_for_marketing_managers_and_sales_teams_that_use_HubSpot_or_are_considering_using_HubSpot&utm_source=HubShots.com&utm_medium=web
Click the Keep Me Updated button (not the Subscribe)
Shot 6: Resource of the Week
Shot 7: Quote of the Week
Human beings are natural mimickers. The more you’re conscious of the other side’s posture, mannerisms, and word choices – and the more you subtly reflect those back – the more accurate you’ll be at taking their perspective.
~ Daniel H. Pink
Shot 8: Bonus Links of the Week
Other stuff we’ve been reading and recommend, but had to cut from the show:
Some of Craig’s reading:
Craig’ book recommendations
Disrupted by Dan Lyons – book review coming in the next few weeks
Please rate and leave us some feedback as this helps us.
Book in for Cafe Consulting here:
This episode of HubShots brought to you by our love of Nespresso:
Interested in advertising on HubShots? Start here.